My Cheesy Hot Bacon Dip is knock your socks off delicious and the perfect appetizer for game day or holiday parties. Filled to the brim with creamy cheeses and loads of bacon, you won’t be able to help yourself!
Dips are pretty much a party staple around here. If it’s game time, it’s party time, and if it’s party time it’s good food time! This Creamy, Gooey Cheesy Hot Bacon Dip is the perfect party appetizer. It can easily feed a crowd and it’s sinfully delicious.
Now let me clarify when I say “game time.” Around here we do hockey. No football, no baseball, just hockey. Hockey is fast paced so you need some snacks that can keep up and this cheesy dip definitely fits the bill. It’s super creamy and easy to dip your crackers, crostini or anything you like really.
We even have some bacon haters (shh now!) in our house and they LOVE this dip. LOVE IT. Like keep dipping those crackers can’t get enough love it. That’s when you know you’ve got something good – when even the haters love it.
So how do you make this Cheesy Hot Bacon Dip?
There are just a few ingredients you’ll need.
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Cheddar Cheese
- Green onion
I really love to write recipes that are easy to customize and this Cheesy Hot Bacon Dip is no exception. Basically you’ll combine all those ingredients together and pour them into a casserole dish and bake until bubbly. Takes about 20 minutes so in less than 30 your dip is ready to serve.
Now if you want it super cheesy, add more cheddar – up to 2 cups even! More bacon? Who doesn’t love more bacon. I used 8 slices but you could easily toss in more or even up to a whole package. How about adding some Ranch flavor into the mix? I’d start with half a packet (about 1 tablespoon), but if you’re committed to the ranch add the whole package (2 tablespoons). I also added some red pepper flakes, just enough for flavor without the heat. But a few dashes of hot sauce would certainly spice things up.
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 1/2 cups freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- 8-10 slices bacon cooked and crumbled/diced (reserve some for topping)
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced (1 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Pinch of black pepper
- Crackers or crostini for serving
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream and mayo in a medium sized bowl until smooth.
- Reserve about a tablespoon of bacon and a tablespoon of green onion for topping.
- Stir in cheese, bacon, green onions, garlic, red pepper flakes and black pepper.
- Pour into a small baking dish or pie plate. Top with reserved bacon and green onions.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and dip is golden and bubbly.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving. Garnish with more fresh chopped scallions if desired.
- Serve with crackers or toasted bread (crostini).
Here’s another cheesy bacon appetizer to try:
And for even more delicious bacon recipes, try these:
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.